Skip to main content

Waiting: The Chosen idea


For the short film, after much thought and time consideration, I have finally decided to pick Waiting.


Short trailer for the short film Waiting


Waiting is a short animation film surrounding Bridget and Samuel whom God has destined for them to be married.


While the issue of purity before marriage plays a prominent role in the short film, it will be aimed mostly at adolescents and young adults; however, the content will be PG-rated and family-friendly.


CHARACTER CONCEPTS

Main Characters

BRIDGET MANUEL
Bridget as a baby



Bridget at the age of 8


Bridget as a teenager (16)


Bridget as an adult (around 23)

_____________________________


SAMUEL OKECHUKWU


Samuel as a child (aged 11)







Samuel in his late teens (19)
_________________________________________________________________________________

Antagostic Characters

CASSIE DUCANE


AMBER SCARLET





RESEARCH & REFLECTION

Having watched a Christian film Pamela's Prayer, it had such a depth of content and powerful message on Christian living and purity before marriage. Though based on a real story of Pamela Bucklin, I see it as a form of testimony that teaches all Christians more especially young people on the importance of abstinence and upholding the sanctity of marriage, as well as the consequences of getting involved in the dating trend; this topic is rarely mentioned in today's society as the trend of dating has been running rampant by the year that even some churches advocate it which ought not to be.

Click here to watch the movie

Having considered that, I'm going to strongly work on Bridget's plotline in reference to Pamela's story on how she had to deal with other people in school laughing at her simply because she is the only one who has never dated anybody. While doing so, it is important that I include Samuel in the short film.

While Pamela's Prayer will serve as a strong reference point to my short film, there will be Biblical references made which will be incorporated in the short film. Among those include 2 Timothy 2:22, where it tells Christians to flee youthful lusts.

I'll be using my own animation style, however, I have to keep the timeline in mind, and at the same time execute the animation into a professional standard as shown this short animated video.

Moreover, after the feedback that I received for my first draft of the script, I decided to rewrite the script using Celtx for proper structuring, while keeping in mind the timeline of the animation and still maintain the strong message without watering it down.
Draft of the script for Waiting using Celtx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little insider (MORE RESEARCH)

Backgrounds can be quite a challenge to draw, so that is the more reason I look into tutorials every now and then to improve my skills in that area. I watched a rather interesting tutorial on this, which will help me in drawing environments on both the short film and TV series. Since perspective is also involved, I also look at another tutorial that will enable me to improve my skills in this area. The tutorial also touches a bit on character perspective in this case which is also very handy in animation.

Waiting - THE SCRIPT

Having read the script and gone through several proofreadings, I now have the final version of the script in which I will use for the final year animation Waiting.

Waiting - Production

Having finished the animatic for the TV series, production begins. There are a few things that could be improved; among those would be voiceover in which I had to ultimately economise as the original voice actors left me hanging. I had to replace them with new voice actors for certain roles in the animation. ANIMATIC SKETCHED SCENES STORYBOARD